Monday, July 23, 2007

A glimpse of one of the several cruise ships that visit Vancouver daily.

While wrapping up our afternoon walk about Stanley Park near Third Beach I heard the distinctive 3 short blasts - a timely indication a cruise ship was reversing away from the pier at Canada Place - 4km away!

Kuro and I walked back to the car and then headed over to Prospect Point where I'd hoped to take some photos of the departing cruise ship passing under the Lions Gate bridge. Despite the increasing rain, quite a few people had gathered there and jostled around for the best spots to take their pictures.

I was able to take a few distant shots of the approaching ship just beyond the Lions Gate Bridge and had started the video when suddenly my camera battery was empty!

I'll go back on a sunny evening to get even better ones.

No comments: